What is a Bethel Sozo?
Bethel Sozo is a unique inner healing and deliverance ministry. The main aim is to get to the root of those things hindering your personal connection with God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Once your connection with God has been healed you are able to walk in the destiny to which you have been called.
‘SOZO’ is the Greek word which translated means saved, healed, delivered.
- Salvation: ‘That if you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved (sozo)’
- Healing : ‘But Jesus turning and seeing her said “Daughter take courage your faith has made you well” (sozo) and at once the woman was made well (sozo)’
- Deliverance: ‘Those who had seen it reported to them how the man who was demon possessed had been made well (sozo)’
Is Sozo for me?
Do you have difficulties with your walk with God, difficulties hearing Him, seeing and sensing Him?
Do you feel there is a barrier that is preventing you from healing?
Are you having difficulty with other relationships in your life and don’t understand why?
Have you spent time and energy in trying to overcome issues in your life without success?
Are you a church or ministry leader looking to help people work through wounds, hurts and issues?
If your answer is ‘yes’ to any of the above, then Sozo is for you.
If you are a church or ministry leader then you can be trained in the Bethel Sozo ministry
So why have a BETHEL SOZO?
- Sozo is a gentle and effective inner healing/deliverance ministry.
- Sozo is simple, fast and Spirit led.
- Sozo identifies and addresses core issue in minutes instead of years.
- Sozo helps heal your relationship with God to enable you to fulfil your destiny.
Jesus said, “You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free”
The Greek word for ‘know’ means to have an intimate and personal encounter with the truth as well as the source of that truth.
Sozo was developed in 1997 by Dawna DeSilva & Teresa Liebscher from Bethel Redding, USA. Since the start of Sozo the ministry has developed worldwide and is now in more than 80 countries. Thousands have found freedom through Bethel Sozo sessions.
More details about Bethel Sozo can be found on http://www.bethelsozo.org.uk
Forgiveness – The Key to Freedom
During your upcoming sozo, it is very important you prepare your heart to forgive those who have wronged you.
- Most people do not understand what forgiveness is and they have a hard time forgiving those who have deeply wounded and hurt them.
- They will say: “Well it wasn’t fair”…..“It wasn’t right”…
Or say: “how can I forgive, they do not deserve it.”
If these responses sound familiar, and express how you feel, you should know that:
- Forgiveness does not mean that what they did to you was right.
- Forgiveness does not mean that they “get off free”.
- Forgiveness does not mean you give up all your rights.
- Does not hurt the one who harmed you.
- It hurts only you.
- Binds you in a prison of torment.
- Often causes you to have bitterness, hatred and anger.
- Blocks the fullness of God in your life.
Extending forgiveness does the following wonderful things:
- You get to step out of the way and let God have a direct line to that person.
- It means you are relieved of the burden you have been carrying.
- It frees you from a prison of torment.
- It closes a door which allows the enemy to have access to you.
- It allows you to say:
“I choose to give grace”
“I choose to release the person into God’s hands”
“I am not going to be their judge”
Take a few moments to reflect on the following scripture:
“For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.”
This is the story of the servant, who would not forgive. After he was forgiven much…The master tells him,
“Shouldn’t you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you? In anger his master turned him over to the jailers (tormentors) to be tortured, until he should pay back all he owed. This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”
Matthew 18:21-35 (v.33-35)
“Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”
Forgiveness is a command from the Lord.
Because Jesus freely forgives us for all our sins, we must also freely forgive.
Forgiveness is a choice, not a feeling.
Forgiveness is Vital to Deliverance & Freedom
How to apply for a Bethel Sozo Appointment
Practical points before coming to your Sozo appointment
We recommend you share what happened during your Sozo session with someone you trust so that you will have someone to pray with who will walk this healing process with you. It is advised that this person should not be who you consider your “best friend”.
Prayer & Fasting could be helpful. It could be from a meal or from watching television.
As Co-ordinators for the Highland Region we sometimes have a third person in a session observing for training purposes.
Sozo Sessions Available:
Standard Sozo – sessions 1hr – 2 ½ hrs
Children’s Sozo – two shorter sessions plus an interview to get to know the child with the parent(s)
Skype Sozo – 1hr – 2 ½ hrs
Children’s Sozo is to help children get connected and encounter Father God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. Jesus said “Let the children come to me!”. This is for any child or teenager who wants to get connected to God so that the fears, anxieties or blockages are removed and they can live a forgiveness lifestyle that Jesus has for them
Things to consider
- It’s always best that your child wants to come and have a Sozo.
- A parent needs to have a Sozo first before their child’s application.
- The Interview is the 1st appointment so that we get to know the child. Then 2 other appointments which will be the ministry time anything from 15minutes to 1 ½ hrs depending on the age of the child/teenager.
- If the child is too young to participate the parent will be interacting on behalf of their child in the session.
- We allow the child to decide if they want their parent present in the Sozo or not. (It’s often helpful for the parent to actually leave the room when the child is going through forgiving their parents.)
- Aftercare: The parent will have to help their child to walk through the issues that might present themselves and affirm the truth that was shown in their Sozo session.
Explanation of Forgiveness
FORGIVENESS IS NOT:
- Forgiveness doesn’t have to be an emotion/or feeling
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean forgive and forget
- Forgiveness doesn’t make them right and you wrong
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean they get to do it again
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean you have to like them
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean you have to be friends
- Forgiveness doesn’t mean I can’t feel sad or angry about what happened to me, and I have to be happy now
God commanded us in Matthew Chapter 18 to forgive. Tell your child/children God wants to heal you, but as long as you hold onto that hurt, He can’t come in and heal you. You have to forgive so that you can get healed.
Forgiveness is a choice, not an emotion or feeling, which means that you can be really mad and still choose to forgive.
Matthew 18. Peter comes to Jesus and asks Him “How many times do I have to forgive my brother? Seven times?” Jesus says “Not seven times, but seventy times seven.” That’s 490 times for the same thing. Sometimes when you have been really hurt, you start forgiving someone by saying. “I choose to forgive.”
Please click here for:
Children’s Sozo application form
Bethel Sozo Training in the Highlands
Setting up a Sozo Ministry in your area or within your Church
- Talk to your local church leaders.
- Gather together a group of people interested in learning about Bethel Sozo.
- Attend a live Basic training.
- Have a personal Sozo.
- Connect with the Regional Co-ordinators for the Highlands who will mentor you in the process.
- Practice Sozo on each other whilst learning - leading as a 1st and assisting as a 2nd.
- Be available to sit in as a 3rd and observe on live Sozo sessions.
- Ask for volunteers from your church so that you can ‘practise’ on them.
- After 6 months of practicing in the church attend a live Advanced Training.
- Watch advanced DVDs as a team.
- Invite Scottish Director of Bethel Sozo to come and sit on your appointments so that you can be assessed and released to become Firsts & Seconds.
Exciting Testimonies From Bethel Sozo Ministry
As part of the Bethel Sozo Ministry team here in the Highlands we want to say thank you to all those who have allowed us to share in their journey of restoration and restitution. As part of Bethel’s culture of honour we have not mentioned names or dates.
“My first sozo was a fantastic experience. To hear the truth, speak and send the lies that I believed packing. Jesus showed up and has set me free and let me see what a faithful, loving, fun friend He is and compelled me to involve Jesus in every circumstance.”
“I took the bull by the horns and reluctantly made an appointment. I can’t remember all that happened but the Holy Spirit highlighted areas that had become barriers that had stopped me from expressing my emotions. I would like to express that the Lord was central at all time and it is the Holy Spirit that they minister. It was a much shorter session than I thought it would be. At the end of the session I can remember being told that I will be able to grieve now. I felt the session with sozo was a real watershed and the breakthrough which I needed.
“The knowledge that I have been freed from past generational sins and that I have received and given forgiveness in the name of Jesus. Part of me was amazed how quickly we got to the root of the stuff I had been carrying for a long time. I have been aware of it and have sought healing - but the ministry you offer feels like a final jigsaw piece that has been put in place.”
“Freedom in Christ, not carrying historic stuff about that I didn’t know or realize, also a clear understanding of the depth of God. Thank you so much. Sozo is very much an opening ministry but I can’t think of anything that opens doors and heals as it does in such a powerful way. God at work. Fascinating the journey it takes you on.”
“During the session we were asking God for healing for a specific issue but nothing seemed to be happening. We asked God if there was anything that was stopping the healing from coming through. Almost immediately I got a picture of a cigarette burning in an ashtray. I described this to the sozo team and they prayed for healing of my addiction to smoking and continued with the rest of the session. During the following days I smoked but didn’t enjoy it. The cigarettes made me feel sick. Then I was away on a week long course with work colleagues and I had no desire to have a cigarette. I was able to say no and was asked how did I manage to give up smoking? I told them it was all down to the power of God & I give God the glory for healing me from addiction to smoking.”
“Had lost my confidence and was striving to find ways to come closer to God. Feel closer, more confident in hearing Him, more confident about having a voice to tell others about Him.”
“Already feel much ‘lighter’ more confident & released and more able to move effectively into the new things I know God has line up for me. This should be mandatory for all new Christians! Definitely recommended (even on a regular basis) for all those in ‘front line’ ministry out with the local church"
“Forgiving people, being cut free, free from fear. Was an amazing session was blown away. Really, really interested in doing the Sozo training.”
“I am a totally new being. There is no area of my life which has not benefitted from this experience and I am so thankful I had a sozo.”